About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, October 3, 2011

3 Days In Delhi : From Soul to Heart....(::)

Time really flies. From Hyderabad Biryani to Delhi Samosa….(life is so tangy, spicy and yummy). It has been three days here but I am still so much hyderabadi at heartJ
But yes these three days have been like a flash back for me, visiting my old ancestral house at Naraina Vihar to flashing malls at different places in Delhi/NCR, things and people have changedJ.
I am very emotional about few things and my home at Naraina that is like a chocolate cake with a red cherry is so much close to my heart. I have spent 7 years in that house and those years were years of struggle and just struggle. The place taught me to be humble and calm but today when I stand and see my house, I have changed tooJ
I think change is the spice of life and my life wanted me to change. When I looked at my house, I scanned through myself from top to bottom and I see a different lady who lost oodles of pounds, who is now no more into salwars and who is practical towards life. But then when I closed my eyes, I could remember that innocent girl who used to walk to her school in a skirt that can surely touch her ankles. I could see a girl who used to walk from college to tuition classes to earn extra money for her education. I could see a girl who left her home in search of jobs during her graduation so that she can fund her education. I did everything from sales girl job to tuitions, from making websites to event management to accomplish my studies. But the moment, I open my eyes, I see a fancy home that is just now the way I left it. All the people around my old home have either shifted or could not recognize me. As I said I have changed too. A thin 32 years old lady in her blue jeans and black top is definitely not the same as they saw me 6 years back when we sold our home for a bigger or maybe better place.
But I am glad my neighbours could identify me. A coconut burfee (Indian sweets) remind me of how badly I need to explore food when I am in Delhi. Who Kahata hain, Delhi aaye aur mithai nahi kayee.
Meeting school and college friends have added one more feather to my cap.
So I decided and my decision is still the same, I will munch on all the specialties of Delhi. I have tried some of the things that are not on my diet chart. I had kulfi and kulchas with makhani dal to lavish creamy paneer. My soul says ‘sinful food is good when on vacation’. I am sure, I have gained 2 kgs but I will workout once I am back. I will workout like a maniacJ
I am missing Hyderabad and my classes (definitely, kickboxing also).
Today, I am heading to Amritsar. My dream to see Golden temple will come true. I have no wishes or desires to ask God but just one request that I hope my God knows and will fulfill it. I have a big shopping list that I need to complete like any virgoJ
I am excited and happyJ
So until I am back….CheerioJ and love you all!