About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, October 7, 2011

Answer is still the same - NO!!(:

I am packing my bags to go back to Hyderabad. It was fun to be with parents and friends but every journey has an end. But I am leaving Delhi with a light of happiness in heart though at the same time I am sad.
The purpose of this trip was to be with friends and visit Golden temple. But I will not deny, I came to Delhi with an idea to take an opinion for my medical condition. I got my reports to be assessed by doctors in Delhi as somewhere I wanted to know if they have some treatment for me. But the fact remains the same and so was their answer – NO.
I do not know how to react but yes somewhere some hope is diminishing. As per the doctors also sooner I accept, better for me. I have accepted what I am heading to but like many of you, I also wanted to explore if there is some treatment that can give life – the feeling of life.
I think whatever happens is for good. So I will put the reports back in my bag and just dump them once I reach Hyderabad. I do not want to get into the mode of more investigations as Delhi doctors have advised. I am fed up and I just want to be out of all this mess.
Here are few lines from Steve Jobs’ inspirational speech at Stanford University that give me a new direction to live life. So back to home and work with a smile!
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it by living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary”.
Cheerio