About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, October 21, 2011

Govinda Helps This Guinea Pig!

When I look into the mirror, I see a guinea pig!...LOLJ

I do not want to sound like a patient anymore but honestly, there are certain medicines that are tested on animals and when I am watching myself into the mirror, I see a new kind of animal who looks like me but all kind of drugs have been experimented on her.

Today, it was such a difficult day. It has been 5 days I have been put on 1000mg antibiotics that have broken my body and mind. Still I have two more days to go and the worst part is there are no results. Strange!

I eat them and sleep as my stomach threw all kinds of acids from one wall to another as I suffer from GERD. One medicine reacts so I am given another to suppress the side effects and then some other to support it. One medicine to another and then to another.

Two months have almost passed and I am living with an infection. Different kind of tests have been done and I am still nowhereJ

Either medicines are not working or I am not responding to them. If it does not get better God knows what test would be performed on me now....guinea pig!

I am not able to eat or drink anything and I am really wishing, I get better soon as Diwali comes once a year. Last year my Diwali was messed up as I was operated. It is true that small things make us happy when we cannot wish for bigger ones. I do not think I am asking too much from God!

I cannot stop laughing at myself. I have got deep dark circles around my eyes in last 4 days as if I am a drug addictJ. Guinea pig would be in a better position than meJ

But yes there is one thing that helps me to bear the pain. I am putting the link to the youtube video. It might be helpful to someone like me.


I do not understand anything other than ‘Govinda Hari Govinda’ but the vibrations that I feel while listening helps me. I am not sure what language is this but I am very glad to the person who has uploaded this video.

I will sleep now!

Govinda Hari Govinda