About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, October 24, 2011

That's What Family Is All About!!

I see the pageviews as ‘6000’ and ‘6’ has been my lucky number. My roll number to my car number, my apartment number to my employee number – it has been always a multiple of 6J...and it was always by chance never by choiceJ.

I read it somewhere – One who has family can never be poor!
This is festive season and we are just a day away from Diwali. My whole house is decorated and I will click loads of pics to upload. My cleaning process is accomplished and I am very tired now. I have been to Sphoorti – my daughter’s NGO and we had good fun with the kids. Just the way they are my family and I started my Diwali with them, many of you would be enjoying with your families as well.

I read a very nice poem that I am posting here. My readers can share this poem with their families as no festival is complete if your family is not with youJ. This is not written by me. I read it and loved it!
So few lines for your familiesJ

When you've got a family like mine,
You surely would not mind
They would cheer you on at any game,
All the way until you walk through the hall of fame.
They make you feel better when you are blue
And whisper in your ear, I love you
They would teach you something new everyday
And help you find success in everyway
They attend to your everyday needs
Whether it is buying pencils or beads
They make sure you are comfortable where you are
Whether you are in a house or a car
They would not let obstacles keep you down
And create a smile from your frown
They teach you wrong from right
And encourage you to keep your dreams in sight
They wipe your tears away when you are sad
And calm you down when you get mad
Thank you family for all that you do
I don't know where I would be if it weren't for you
You will always be happy if your family is happy. Trust me whether you stay with them or not but your happiness is when your family is happy.

Happy Diwali to all my readers and their families. Happy Diwali to my family and my extended familyJ