About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Happy Diwali To My Readers!

I am done with all the flower decorations of my home. As my decor is red and beige, I have got all red coloured candles, floating diyas and colourful accessories to decorate my home temple. I will be clicking pics to share on my blogJ

Diwali is a festival of so much fun. For me it gives me a reason to buy a number of dresses and make rangoli to enhance my creativity. To flaunt jewellery and deck up like a queen is so much of fun.

I have decided to wear a black silk saree that I got from Bangalore at night and a nice anarkali during the day. It is a day off from gym and swimming. So binging on sweets is definitely an honest cheating!

This time I have made no sweets at home but yes I have special plans for lunch. I have planned to make Rajma Chawal and butter paneer. Paranthas coated with onions and garlic with a taste of pure ghee. Yummy!

No issues, next day we will workout more. Maybe 200 calories moreJ.

I am posting few good Diwali poems for all my readers.

Happy Diwali to all of you. Have a rocking DiwaliJ.

Deepavali Delights

Deepavali is here, Deepavali is here
That grand festival of Lights
That ends evil after a protracted fight
When good with all its might
Leads us from darkness to Light.

Deepavali is here, Deepavali is here
That great festival of sound
When crackers and laughter abound
When crackers and sparklers light up the sky
When delighted children jump with joy.

Deepavali is here, Deepavali is here
That gorgeous festival of snacks and sweets
Where everyone enjoys a royal feast
When old and young with delight meet
With love and affection all hearts beat.

Diwali is here, Diwali is here
That gracious festival which celebrates victory
The ancient festival of myth and mystery
That is mentioned in both mythology and history
The festival that signals Triumph over Tragedy.

Sonnet: Diwali (Dr John Celes)

Today’s the `Festival of Lights’ all o’er;
A joyful day for minds and hearts and souls;
And people throng the Temples to offer,
Prayers, resolving to take better roles.

And most of them are richly clad and clean,
And eat such dainty foods and sweets with mirth;
Whilst noisy crackers burst, their lights are seen,
It seems to be a happy day on Earth!

But are there not hearts woe-filled, very sad?
Denied of laughter, smiles for days;
Today’s the triumph of Good over bad;
But what about the wastage in much ways?
True joy is when you see someone else smile!
True charity gives joy in Heav’nly style.

Season of Lights

Dunes of vapors from crackers rise,
Engulf, as odorous airs resound
Effusing joys to all abound
Pearls of gleams in these autumn nights
Adorn our lives else trite
With sparklers that motley skies
As soaring spirits of powder wander
Let us thank the heavenly might,
In this festive season of lights.


Love you all!

CheerioJ