About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, December 26, 2011

Boxing Day : Un Bacio Enorme Santa!!!

I baked a chocolate cake for my family and readers. I am sharing the pic at my blog. Wishing you all a very eventful, shoppingful Boxing Day!
Boxing Day has different competing theories around it and it is celebrated differently at different places. For me it is like distributing stuff at traffic signals and then opening my gifts. Though, there are only two gifts that I get every year on Xmas, one from my husband and one from my brother, ValerioJ
A gift does not matter but what matters are the feelings behind it. But still, I wait for 26th December desperately as these two gifts on Christmas matter a lot to me.
My painting teacher gave me a very beautiful gift – a mirror. I asked her ‘Why?’
 She said, ‘I read your blog. This mirror will reflect the new Archana, so whenever you drag backwards, look at this, to move forward’.
This is the best gift of this year as it has a meaning and a concern from someone who just knows me for last five classes. I respect my all gifts and keep them always with me. So, Boxing Day for me is a day of distributing boxes of gifts in the form of love, humanity and respect. These three gifts are the best for any occasion or relation in lifeJ
I had a great Christmas. I felt this was the best after 2004. From Lasagne to Jalebi, from drinks to dance, it was complete fun. I could not meet my daughter though. I have plans of meeting her on 1st January, 2012. I am yet to shop for kids and make the beginning of 2012 as a special day for all of us. The best part is my parents would be here and they would get to meet my daughter for the first time in these 2 yearsJ.
Valerio sends me a special animated card with his clipping and an email that is the best gift for a sister like me. And I wait for this day to see that two line email in my inbox.
And the best part of this Boxing Day is that I got a gift of promise that this summer if my condition stays stable, I am going to Canada (to meet my family) and then will head to VegasJ
Whether I go or not but the way this gift is wrapped under the words of promise makes this Boxing Day very special for me. And if I go then I will give a big kiss to Santaji.....Un Bacio EnormeJ....
CheerioJ