About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

10th April 2012 – A Day to Remember!

If I am asked what is ‘love’?

My answer will be the day I understand, what is ‘love’; I will be the most beautiful person on this Earth. The word ‘beautiful’ here is ‘inner’ beauty. The colour of flesh and the attitude of your personality might make others attracted towards you but it can never overshadow one’s simplicity and inner beautyJ

Art is one thing that reflects your thoughts and that inner beauty. Yesterday, I went with my art teacher to couple of Art Galleries in Hyderabad. The knowledge, I gathered from these art galleries was like ‘I need one more life to understand art and love’.

For me, love is passion and that passion can be revealed through art or writings or any other creative forms. When someone reads your work or sees it, they get pleased, you are spreading love and that is the definition of ‘love’ for me.

I visited Shrishti Art Gallery and State Gallery of Fine Arts. Both of the art galleries gave me a broader outlook around art and the lives of artists. I got the chance to explore art works by famous artists like – Anjolie Ela Menon, Arpana Caur, Lalitha Lajmi, Rekha Rao, Asma Menon, Anjani Reddy, Kavita Deuskar, Seema Kohli and many upcoming artists.

Each painting was a saga in its own. The detailed intricacies of each painting made me read art. Trust me, reading art is completely different from being an artist. It is like reading someone’s life, thoughts and imaginations. I am glad, I started my fine arts journey as it gave me a reason to learn and see a different world than our world of reality.

My four hours were like watching a world of imagination. You have colours, concept and beautiful blend of reality and imagination. Some paintings had a strong mythological concept whereas some were as pleasant flowers of spring. I experienced, all seasons under one roof in the intense heat of Hyderabad.

The day ended with making a blueprint of blog for my art teacher. I read lot of techie things around copyright or watermark images and how to protect your work of art being stolen. So it was a day of complete learning and new growth for a blogger and writer like me.

I am happy...Life has lot to teach me!

Maybe, I have lot to learn!

Cheerio