About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Onam Special: What am I reading these days?


Happy Onam to my readers in India!!

At Bangalore Airport, we have a lovely bookshop. A delay of few minutes in my flight tempts me to enter the shop and pick a book. My forte is ‘self-help’ and my home library is a collection of many books around the same.

These days, I am reading ‘Life Changers Dreamers and Doers’ by Robert H. Schuller.

It is a collection of short stories to deliver a message. Every chapter leaves you in an anticipation for the next message through a new story. This book is like a daily dose of medicine for me. Each chapter has a message that helps me to sleep tight and open up new doors of life, every morning.

I have read his earlier book and somehow I enjoyed his writings –

The Inspirational Writings: Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do/Tough Minded Faith for Tender Hearted People.

As I write, the way my blog inspires people, I look for inspiration too. His writings are like an inspirational guide for me and it really works for meJ

To manage arthritis as a medical condition and bear the pain, you cannot be happy-go lucky all 365 days. There are days when you feel unbearable pain and you cannot brood about your condition, all the time.

Other than my pain, my readers might be facing many issues like a bad day at work, fight with your spouse or being cheated in life et al. Grab a copy of this book, if you want to indulge into a meditative mood and cleanse your thoughts to be at peace.

Happy Wednesday and CheerioJ