About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Happy Beginning Has A Happy Ending!!


“I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.” - Groucho Marx quotes (American Comedian, Actor and Singer, 1890-1977)

Arthritis taught me a lesson of life to take each day like a new journeyJ. I start my day as if I am starting a new journey, leaving behind all the negative and positive instances of yesterday. I prefer to meet many new people on a new day of life.

Each day, I get out of my bed with acute stiffness and pain in my joints. But still I wear a smile on my face and hope in my thoughts that this is the best day of my lifeJ

Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways. ~Stephen Vincent Benét

It is true that every happy beginning has a happy ending.

Yesterday has no existence in your today. Let bygones be bygones. Yesterday is like a leaf of a tree that has shed from its branch and it does not matter where the wind has blown that leaf.

If yesterday was a day of achievement, you will celebrate it for the next few weeks. In case, it was a bad day, you will remember the unpleasant moments for the next few days.

To make it clear whether it was a good day or bad day, we have a nature to carry those moments to another day. This is not the real art of life.

If you will pick moments from ‘yesterday’ then you cannot start a new journey of ‘today’. ‘Today’ should be like a fresh food to eat, to digest and to welcome a happy ‘tomorrow’.

Be neutral in life, when it comes to moments around your ‘day’. Before you hit the bed, erase all good and bad moments with a thought that ‘I have to welcome tomorrow with a big smile and positive attitude’. If you are happy or sad, the feeling should end with the day itself. Remember, when you will wake up like a blank page of a word document, you can write a new story each day.

Your day will end happily, if you will let go off all the happy and sad moments of your day with a feeling to wake up and embrace a new day to start a new journeyJ.

To have a happy ending, you need to have a happy beginning. If you will have a happy beginning, you will have a happy ending. It is like a vicious circle!

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”~Abraham Lincoln