About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy Beginning!


I start a new day with my to-do-list.

I promised myself, not to expect from any relation and my happiness is solely my responsibility.

1)      I will work on controlling myself not to eat anti-depressants anymore. I am on 4 tablets each day and I will make sure that I am out of it in next few weeks. Somehow, I am dependant on them but I will get over them.

2)   I know my knee hurts and when I have pain, it affects my mind. I will make sure not to attend any pain signals. I have a trick to handle it. Whenever, I will feel pain that causes depression, I will walk out of my house and just engage into anything like gossiping, shopping, painting or gymming. But no more crying and being weak in life.

3)      The best thing, be with people and at the same time ‘value yourself’. I have always valued every relation but at last they all chose their ways without giving any credit to my contributions. From today, it is my promise, ‘I will value myself’ and ‘my life more than anything’. 

4)  Embrace people who love me not the ones I loved. Trust me, there is a huge difference. Those who loved me have never hurt me. Those I loved only used me on opportunity basis. I will ONLY love those who love me.

My all problems and humiliation have been around my medical condition – Arthritis. I will fight against this disorder. Either ‘A’ for ‘Archana or ‘A’ for ‘Arthritis’ will exist in my life. I will be strong and very strong.

So You Think You Are Living is about my feelings but your life is your diary and you can pen down your to-do list. Sometimes, we need to record our promises for ourselves to fulfill themJ

Happy Beginning!