About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Engage Your Mind!

I am surviving on rasgullas. To curb the metallic taste, I feed mainly on rasgullas. I love rasmalai more than rasgullas. Every time, I go to buy rasgullas (in last few days), I feel to pick rasmalai. But no milk for me!

Rasmalai reminds me of some good moments - how I read the recipe and made many of them for a friend, once in my life. Some good memories; whenever I look at rasmalai, a smile comes on my face and I move to the next counter. But I cannot eat them anymore!

The best solution to handle any medical condition - engage your mind!

I could not sleep last night due to poking stomach pain. I got up at 3 am and started crying. It was unbearable. I thought to get admitted and opt for an injection. But, I started chanting gayatri mantra. After a while, I slept and felt much better.

Since I got up, I thought to engage my mind in various things that do not need my attention but will help me to forget my condition. If you are alone at home, you tend to think more about your problems. You cannot expect your family to be all the time with you. They have commitments on the basis of which you get treatment - job, money and treatment.

I cleaned all the french windows, balcony grills and windows of my apartment. I cooked my own food and relished with coconut water. My tongue has lost its taste buds and I feel metallic till my food pipe. 

But engaging my mind in my household work helped me. Though, I am feeling weak and fatigue but I am  still trying to occupy myself.

It is a post that might help anyone to feel little better once you engage your mind. As my doctors have specified my mind as a hyperactive mind that works like a scanner. It scans every good/bad memory, dates, names, faces, and that is going against my personality type and my health.

Mind is a creator of problems but it also helps us to find a solution. It is like you need to understand your mind. You can use a knife to cut veggies and at the same time for destructive purposes. Your mind works like a knife. 

Choice is yours!