About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

.epub....mobi....kindle!!

I have been studying around Kindle for the last one week. I am enjoying it. I have learned so many new things around .mobi files or .pub files. The softwares used to convert one type of file to another. Saving images in different formats. I make files to do testing at my end. I have read some of the finest articles around Kindle. If everything goes well, I will share my first published work for all my readers.

I am not a techie. But after reading so much I feel confident of myself. I sleep late around 1 AM but the moment I hit the sack, I feel a sense of fulfillment:). While walking on the treadmill or swimming in the pool, my mind keeps thinking - if I change the code, how will the file appear to the reader. 

When '14 Pearls of Inspiration' was released, my aunt asked me - do you have the kindle edition of your book. My answer was 'yes' but honestly I knew nothing about Kindle. But that was a question for me to understand I need to improve my skills and knowledge. 

Every day I tell my husband about my learning and share my skills with my best friend Ajitabh. They also feel happy about my growth and so do I:)...

I do not want to stop my learning indeed set new challenges for myself. What about you?