About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, March 18, 2013

Iyengar Yoga............

Hmmm....

I started my day with Iyengar Yoga. After Hath Yoga, I have joined a month's training for Iyengar Yoga for my medical condition. My teacher calls me a plastic stick. A stick as I am thin for him and plastic as I can be moulded into different shapes. He believes that I am very flexible but I guess - it is all because of practice.

I practice yoga twice a day now. As a woman, I also go through hormonal imbalances but yoga keeps me calm and focused on things that need my attention. I can write better after meditation and sun salutations. I guess - every year we indeed I go through a stage of transformation and yoga is the only solution for me. When nothing works for me, yoga and meditation with Guruji helps me a lot. 

It helps me when my BP drops to 90/50 and it is quite often. I think exercise helps you to be fit but what you feed your mind is the main ingredient of your health. I have abide to feed my mind just one thing - 'happiness' and to stay happy in all the advserse situations. Happiness is the only medicine for our all problems. Just take a deep breath and give yourself a big smile. Like all women, I also had the problem of OCD (Obessive Compuslive Disorder) but now I have learned to really 'take it easy'. 

Women's Month on my blog - Get your regular routine health check-ups done and stay happy. Live for yourself, it makes a lot of difference. Read more about Iyengar Yoga. I am practicing it and I believe in it. At the end of the day, it is all about your beliefs!

Rest - keep doing deep breathing exercises - they work better than your depression pills:)