About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Countdown Begins............My Second Book!

After my first book - '14 Pearls of Inspiration', I started writing my second book since August 2012. I took more than 8 months to write this book alongwith my editor, who helped me a lot in editing my work.

I felt like a pregnant woman all these months, where every chapter of my second book was like a month for me. I have given my time, mood swings, sorrows and happiness to my writing this book in the last 8 months. It was more difficult than writing my first book as I really studied before turning a real life incident into a semi-fictional story. I wanted to maintain the freshness of content but hide the real characters. I respect anonymity of people around me.

There was a chapter about polio affected child, and I read everything about their lives. So, this book was like a journey of my learning and growth as a writer. I took time to write it - as I wanted to do justice with each story and my readers.

I will not disclose the name of my book and any further details. I just got an e-mail that I am on track so keep reading my blog to find out about my next book. 

12 Facets of a Crystal was an anthology of 12 authors so I cannot claim it as my second book but lot of good memories with that international project. From contest entry to judging the contest, from contents to foreword, I am quite emotional about '12 Facets of a Crystal' as well.

But yes, if I am asked which is my favourite one - then you have to wait for the answer when I launch my second book soon................

Thanks for reading me so far......

Cheers:)