About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, May 2, 2013

R.I.P Sarabjit - Defeat of Humanity OR Victory of Enemity!

I thought not to blog for the day as I am overwhelmed with work. I did not get time for my lunch also. But I am writing this for Sarabjit who died in Pakistan among his own hidden tears, broken emotions and memories of his past days of India. I can empathise with Sarabjit as it is a misery when your people are near but too far (you cannot talk to them) due to social obligations, promises or commitments. In Sarabjit's case, it was even tougher. There would have been moments where he would have missed his family - care of his mother, love of his wife and responsibility of his daughters. There would have been moments where he would have missed pouring his heart out to his own people. There is a quote by Kahlil Gibran - "We shall never understand one another until we reduce the language to seven words." I think to understand one another we just need to know four letters of 'LOVE' and not 'HATE'.

It was so tragic as when his family could reach him, he was in a state of coma. It was hurtful that he could not meet his own people before leaving them forever. He was not given a chance to express, how he felt in these 23 years? Somewhere, his tragic story had touched my heart. I will pray for his family but an open question for all of us. 

Is it a sad news for India or a significant news in Pakistan? Is it a defeat or a victory?

In simple words, it is defeat of humanity and victory of enemity. 

I do not want to write what happened and how it happened. For my inner feeling and for the first time on my blog, I ask 'WHY' it happened?

R.I.P Sarabjit!