About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Falling Emotiions (Autumn) - My First Impasto Knife Painting

Time is a healing factor. Also, time is a learning factor. It is almost a week and my pain levels are little under control. Though, I do not feel the same way as it was till last Tuesday (:. But I guess God is there to take care of my life for me ;). I spoke to my art teacher and as a process of selection, I was assigned the task to study and make a sample painting. You can view the painting at this link - http://archanaartgallery.blogspot.in/2013/06/impasto-knife-painting-falling-emotions.html

I chose Impasto Art Form with Palette Knife using Acrylic Paints (Link - to know more about Impasto - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impasto). The best of the Impasto paintings are the ones painted by Leonid Afremov. It was the first painting I saw in 2011 at my teacher's residence in Hyderabad. It was one of the favourite of my husband and a friend. His painting - When Dream Comes True is a true reflection of wonderful colours. Last one week, I read about Impasto Art Form and watched many videos. I took the concept using Acrylic Paints. My teacher had loved my work and I am selected :). 


Impasto looks beautiful when you see it from a distance.

I have named my painting as 'Falling Emotions'. Impasto is a spread of colours and I used knife to paint the trees with leaves representing emotions. Autumn represents falling of leaves as one can see around the trees. Impasto mainly highlights the knife strokes in an unsmooth manner as one can see in this painting. As a challenge, I chose butter knife rather than a palette knife to experiment a different texture. The two trees are reflection of friendship that is bonded by true human emotions. I used all the vibrant colours to give this painting a life. Emotions are well highlighted with the brightness of different colours. I am quite happy with this form of art and I have long way to make many more. Maybe, someday I might reproduce 'When Dreams Come True' or some other masterpiece of Leonid Afremov. I guess art represents our inner voice only!