About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, July 1, 2013

Well...:)

It was a good ending of the day. I started my Monday with quite a low energy. Though I am back to my gymming and I met a lady who loaded me with compliments. 

It is so true that a compliment can make us happy and maybe very happy. But one of my friend asked me a question to which I could not answer though I answer it on my blog.

She asked me - 'Why you hurt yourself again and again by being good to people? You should maintain some distance rather than crossing your limits to help every one around you, as in the end, you only lose. At the end you cannot blame others to hurt you as you welcome them to hurt you. Change yourself for your health and your good in life.'

I smiled and just smiled. I had no answer for this question. But while sitting and reading Bhagvad Gita, I thought of my answer.

I answer it to myself - 'By creating distance or countering my god gifted nature or by being good to some or being good as and when situation demands, am I not hurting myself. How can I be happy when I hurt others. I will go with my parent's teachings to me - 'we are ONLY accountable for our actions. I will do what I can do to save things - if they still die, they were never meant for me BUT I will not regret of not trying in life. We only fail when we stop trying in life."

Start your week on a note - 'follow your heart. And remember nobody in this universe has the capacity to hurt you until you stop being yourself'

Good Night:)