About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Through Readers - Collection



This has come as a forwarded mail and has been asked to be posted. Thanks!
The story is around ‘Trust’ in any relationship. The essence of any relationship is not in its bind but in its bond. You might have read this before lets refresh our minds again.
The best relationship in this world between a man and a woman is of a father and a daughter. I believe it is easy to gain a person’s trust, much easy is to break somebody’s trust BUT the difficult task is to maintain that trust. So here is the story and thanks for this!
Following is the reader's email content...
Little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.
The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter, "Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river."
The little girl said, "No, Dad. You hold my hand."
"What's the difference?" Asked the puzzled father.
"There's a big difference," replied the little girl.
"If I hold your hand and something happens to me, chances are that I may let your hand go.
But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let
my hand go."