About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, February 18, 2011

Yeh Saali Zindagi


A great movie - ‘Yeh Saali Zindagi’. I love the title track. Hey, few lines I am still murmuring while posting this.
Meri jaan meri jaan meri jaan tu ye bata
Tujhse karun wafa ya khud se karun
Sachche jhoote wado se hona hai kya
Hum ko nahi pata hai jab kal hoga kya
Meri jaan meri jaan meri jaan tu ye bata
Tujhse karoon wafa ya khud se karoon


Zindagi pe tera mera kisi ka na zor hai
Hum sochte hain kuch wo saali socti kuch aur hai
Ye zindagi ye saali zindagi
Hum chahate yahan hai saali jati kahin aur hai
Lamhe aur lamhon ke beech ye tede mede mod hain
Ye zindagi ye saali zindagi


I took my laptop to the hospital and watched the entire movie with one closed eye. I hardly get time to watch movie these days. And my eye is another reason to avoid multiplexes. But yes it is a movie worth to be watched. I guess very close to our lives. We want to do something end up doing something else. Isn’t
that true?


You want to be an engineer life makes you a sales executive. You love somebody; life makes you marry someone else. Strange is the journey of life. I wanted to work in the corporate world till I die and things have turned out to be something completely different.
Though I enjoy what I am doing but I would have enjoyed more if I would have been a part of the corporate world. Sale is on and I see beautiful corporate women picking up formal wears – trousers, shirts etc and I wonder what shall I do with my formal stuff dumped in my wardrobes?J
I have met people who have everything but God has taken something so important off their lives that they are left with grief and pain forever. Life is such a roller coaster. Nobody is an exception to this roller coaster called ‘LIFE’. I am also no exceptionJ
But the way things have been presented in this movie, a very important message is delivered in a very light comic manner.
For me the best way to deal with life is treat life like a kite. Do not hold it tightly. To fly higher you need to loosen the ends.
Things cannot be changed but we can change the way we look at them. But yes at some point of time we all would have said “Yeh Saali Zindagi Yaar”.....