About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Its Interesting To Coach Him...

Things are going greatJ
My second story on some other website is also published. I have posted the link on my FB profile. I am happy that it was approved by the editor. I never thought that people would read what I write. I am glad they read!
I need to breatheJ
It has been so tiring for the last two days.
As I posted on my FB account that I am very excited for my first male client. Yes, a 33 year old Telugu client settled in US and wants to learn swimming to accompany his American girlfriend for snorkeling to Agatti Islands, Port Blair and finally Maldives. He was looking for someone who has been into swimming mainly in the sea. The day he approached me, I was in a dilemma. Of course, I have never trained a man and never thought of it. I restrict myself to women and kids. I have been approached by men earlier as well but I think it never clicked me judging their personalities or you can make it outJ


I asked my husband and he was like “Go ahead and just do it for yourself”. He was more excited than meJ

Though I did not meet this client in person until the first session but there was one thing I liked about him. His commitment to his girlfriend and he wants to learn something for her. I said ‘Yes’ without meeting him in person.
It has been a learning experience for me as well. Men have a completely different approach to learn anything new. I find them more calm, innovative and experimental. In two days, he has been able to swim freestyle, though his legs and hands still need to be synchronized. He has been calm in listening to me and very innovative as well.
I am glad to coach him. I am out of that mental block of not coaching men. It gives me an opportunity to judge my stamina and strength as well. But I am very tired with all these commitments. The best moment for me is to look at the picture of my daughter, I FEEL RELAXED.
If your trainee shows results you feel driven to train him or her. Thanks to all FB readers particularly men who showed the ‘Like’ thumbs up.
I guess we have 5 or 6 more sessions and then I am little free to write more on my blog.
But there is a message to all here – try new things, we might fail but if you fail to try then only you are a failure.
I am very happy as I am able to prove what I quoted on my FB ‘About Me’ section –

“A weak woman talks her heart out; A strong woman walks over the tough journey of life”.
Keep moving...Take Up new challenges and love yourself. And yes I am almost done with my post around Aruna’s plea. I will post it soon. If you get a chance read my second story on the new website.
CheerioJ