About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, May 23, 2016

*** My Story Is A Winning Story - Bonobology Short Story Contest ***

I am quite different from the writer that you read on my blog, or in my stories. I am not a believer in words like love, emotions, weddings, celebrations, birthdays, anniversaries, and so called family. Experience crafted me more like a practical person in real life. 

But as a writer, I am very emotional about my characters, plot and the story line. I love to experiment with my thoughts, emotions, experiences and miseries. I play with my words to portray my characters completely different from me. If I would have been like my characters maybe I would not have been a good writer. Well, the good news is that as I give in too much of efforts in presenting my protagonist - my story gets shortlisted as a winning story out of 100 odd entries for this contest. Please the character Archana in this story is not me as I do not have kids and I am not facing this situation BUT if I was like this character - how my life would have been. Basically, I could not think of a better name than mine. This story is bit edited by the editors as per the magazine's requirements.

To understand the psychology and physiology of a protagonist is the biggest challenge for any short story writer. Not being a mother of two children yet to think like one was quite a challenge for me. This story is inspired by mothers around me who finds it hard to devote time to their interests. They do suffer of identity-crisis, and that’s quite obvious. I wanted to write a short story getting out of my comfort zone.

It gives me immense pleasure to be among the top three winners (in no particular order) out of more than 100 odd entries. I dedicate this story to every woman who thinks that she needs or deserves a day for herself, as well. Thank you to my friends who shared their problems with me from where I created this character Archana, in my story .

Thank you to my editors and the entire team of Bonobology for shortlisting my story as a winning story. You can register and leave your comment at the below link – where you can read my story as well. Hope you will like it. Share and spread the message!

A good start of the week!



Happy Monday!