About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, May 27, 2016

Winning Prize Comes To Me!

Few years ago, I asked my mother, and my husband - 'do you think I am just a housewife?'

My husband just told me a statement – ‘I am always proud of you.’

I was like – what does this mean???

My mother just told me a statement - it doesn't matter what others think? What really matters is what you think about yourself. There are two ways for any woman to answer in this world  - sarcasm or success. If you think that you are just one housewife, answer it -with grace and dignity. And, being a housewife is a task of patience, and quite challenging (as my mother was one of them and I am proud of her). Adding to it my mother said - 'you can never be satisfied in being one, Archana. I know you. I have brought you up more like a boy than a girl'. Your astrology is different from others. You are born for a reason. Look for it!

There was a time I used to get bored. Now there is a time when I have no time to think about anything else.

A long journey of almost 6 years with this blog, and almost 900+ posts. Of course, it feels good. A number of winning certificates that I had won in the genre of short story writing, and Japanese poetry. It seems like a dream to me.


Today, if I look back, I smile, I do cry, I hug myself, and I tell myself - 'you did it for yourself'.

Great to share I just got my winning cash voucher in my bank account. I have received 17 certificates in my kitty, after I had left Deloitte.

Above all I am almost set to start my second course from November, once my preliminary tests are accomplished for creative writing. Then I can appear for exams as per my convenience along with the other course (will upload the details).

I just completed my assignments and time to work on my project report for the next two months. I am also submitting my work to journals until then.

Whispers published my work, and here are five haiku for all of you. Thank you for the comments as it inspires to write more and more.

Above all, an email from Karen just makes my day. She sends her messages woven in words of inspiration and encouragement. 

first light …
filling the emptiness
of my new home
_______________

old memories …
still rests on the stem
a dragonfly’s wing
 _______________

waiting
to be taken over …
autumn mushrooms
_______________

in loneliness
reading the epitaph
in reverse
_______________

the only thing
between you and me …
a dandelion flower


Yet the journey is long, indeed, very long.

 Love

Archana