About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Poinsettias for My Home :)

Christmas has always been my favourite festival. Reason, eh??

I am attracted by colour ‘red’. When I look at the shops, malls, articles and different things all in red, I just feel so positive and energetic. No wonders, who all have visited my home, they know my decor is my bend towards red with decent colour combinations.

I make sure that I click each and every moment of pre-Christmas shopping. I have to make it a day where there is everything red around me. One thing that I missed for the last 7 years being in India was real or fake Christmas flowers – Poinsettia.

Those who have been to places where Christmas is celebrated as the main festival must be aware that poinsettia is a flower that is a must for Christmas Eve. Your decorations and celebrations are incomplete if poinsettia is missing. It has its own beauty and visibility on that day.

I still remember my Christmas days in Italy around Vatican, Via Veneto and why I mention only this via though whole of Rome used to be decorated like an Indian Bride?

Via Veneto was always decorated in a specific way that distinguishes it from the rest. After roaming all the places around Christmas, my last visit used to be Via Veneto. You can see hanging lights in the shape of Poinsettia flower from one end of the road to another.

I am lucky this year as I could find hand crafted Poinsettia flowers at couple of malls. Without giving a thought, I picked a bunch for my home. They are gracefully settled in a red vase as you can see in the picture below. My Santa Claus cap and my red dress is ready for Christmas. I clicked few pictures of Christmas preparations in Hyderabad. I am posting them on my blog to make it much more colourful for all of us, this festive season!




Do get Poinsettias for you home!

CheerioJ