About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Visit To Bidar - Part I

I am introducing a new label – 'My Travel Chapters'. This would have my experiences and information about places I visited and plan to visit. I think my knowledge around places visited would go waste if I do not share. I have travelled so much in life that I can write a book about itJ

Every place added something new to my personality and general knowledge. I am starting with
‘Bidar’ that I plan to visit this weekend.
I am off to Bidar for next two days. Being from Delhi, I always wanted to visit Golden Temple but somehow things were never in my favour as per time and commitments are concerned. I have been craving to have the langar and sit for a while at Gurudwara in my salwar-kameez and listen to Gurbani.
I have heard about Bidar years back but could never make it to this place. Finally, things are planned and my stuff is packed to leave for Bidar for next two days. I love to explore places and historical monuments need to be on my list.
Bidar is very famous for Gurudwara Bidar - Guru Nank Jhira, one of Holiest Place for Sikhs. Every Year this place attracts lots of tourists from all parts of the country particularly during the months of November and March. Legend has it that Saint Guru Nanak visited the place while the land was in the grip of a famine The Guru performed a miracle at the request of the locals and a spring of water from the rock mountain burst out. Till this day crystal clear water flows from the laterite trap. The belief is that drinking of this water cures many ailments. I am sure anybody staying in AP or Karnataka would like to miss. I am very excited for the langar also. They have 24 hours langar facility and it has been 6 years I never had it. So I really want to feel the satisfaction to have langarJ
There aremany other historical monuments and temples to be visited but for me major attraction is the Gurudwara as we do not have many in Hyderabad(:.
Bidar Fortand Dev DeV Vana (Botanical Garden) are also on my list. I have checked the website below and picked the best ones as per my interests that I would like to cover in these two days.


You can check the link to know about Bidar and plan a visit if you intend. Just imagine the use of this label. Somebody reading this post in Mumbai/Delhi would not even know about Bidar, something like me. So this is going to be helpfulJ

Bidar isalso famous for Bidri Ware – Black and Silver art work.  They also extend their art work to wood
carving works made of sandalwood. I would like to pick something for my home.


I would click pictures and may be make a video of Bidar and its beauty to share with all of you. I cannot comment about it much as I have not personally experienced. So this post is yet to be completed. Wait for the next continued version.

TO BE CONTINUED..............

CheerioJ
Love Yourself!