About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wow – I am from Tairan and Vegetable Jewellery for You!!

There is nothing like homemade pasta with a cup of black coffee for breakfast after an hour’s meditation and that too on Sunday while you are blogging and planning for the day – a joyful day ahead. Today, it’s around shopping at M&S and then being pampered followed by a good workoutJ

Yesterday, it was so much fun. I explored Hyderabad and as my husband says 'feel to be an independent single for a day'.

The day ended with an encounter with a guy who asked me “Am I from Iran”? I said, “My dad is from Iran and mom from Taiwan, so I am from Tairan”.
He was just a messenger of God who helped me to get my movie tickets else Telangana and heat of Hyderabad has really messed up the online booking optionsJ. Movie was not good but any regrets, I went to see John AbrahamJ
Last two days were just gathering the best moments of Hyderabad and I went to some of the places that I could not visit in last 7 years. One such place – Chiran Fort was on my list and I was so glad to be a part of an exhibition organised at Chiran Fort by Women’s Club.

The theme of the exhibition was to make vegetable jewellery and I must say, I was shocked to see the creativity and effort of each women coming from different age groups and spheres of life. Where all women thought ‘I am a college student and they started suggesting an alliance for me’, I was quite witty, not to disclose the fact that I am married for last 7 years until the lunch ended and we dispersed. It was shock for them and their presentation of their skills was a surprise to me. I clicked few pictures to support my blog and I share the link (as below) for all of you.
https://picasaweb.google.com/108980877216677105725/JewelleryOutOfFreshVeggies#

You can see beautiful ladies in ethnic Indian dresses with a great display of their creation – jewellery made out of fresh veggies. My aunt had the best piece of creation and she really did it well.
This week was full of fun and learning for me. I can see the positive changes and this makes me feel on cloud nine. Though, I am not very happy about Bangalore but somehow when things have started falling into place, I feel confident about my relocation. I am happy don’t know but just happyJ

If you missed reading my previous posts, please click the links below. These two posts are a reason to be very happy:
My Story that got published this week:


Video to Support PETA and Loving your pets
BTW, I have a farewell gift for all of my Hyderabad readers that I will post soon before I head for the city of outdoor pools – BengaluruJ

GTG....Love you all!