About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

5 Lakhs To Shut Mouths.....


This blog is a platform for any such matter to be shared through me that I can support virtually or maybe through this means only.

Firstly, thanks to my FB friend who has been following this case (links below) and who has shared about the best two links on our profile walls. I have read the entire case to understand before I write and post this blog.

So many such cases would have been added to the history of number of rapes in our country. Tragedy here is that everything is clear like a crystal but still no action is being taken. The family is being offered 5 lakhs to shut their mouths and forget how brutally their 14 years old daughter has been raped and killed. Just 14 years.....IT IS SHAMEFUL!!!

Maybe this is just any other case but what leaves me thinking is - what the number of this any other case is?

 As I always write tomorrow it could be any one of us – maybe your daughter.

We need a change and make this country safe for women. It is their home let them live. If we are not safe in our homes then we are homeless. I am advising one thing – do not teach your daughter how to cook but teach her how to kick and save herself. Tomorrow your cookery classes will not come to her use what will help her is her physical strength to save herself during crisis.

Follow the links below to know about the case. I have done my best to spread a word and share this. Now it is your turn.

Related Links: