About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, August 11, 2011

To My Brothers on Rakhi:)

This is a day that I should not write as I have been unwell since Monday. In last three days I have been just going through physiotherapy and medical investigations (:

But as I am better for a while, I want to use my time to write this post as how things will be tomorrow God Knows Better!

It’s Rakhi on Saturday so I wanted to post this poem for my brothers. I was born in a family with a sister and lot of cousin brothers. Somehow things never went that great as far as blood relations were concerned. But today I have my all cousins back on my FB list and above that my life given brothers. People I met as strangers during my journey of life and they became the biggest source of happiness as you see their names in FB Family.

To my birth given brothers (cousins) and my life given brothers....I love you ALL...and this Rakhi – I just want to thank you for being there with me. You make me feel proud as a sister and a woman!

A poem called ‘My Brother’ by Len Maonio!

my brother's so sweet
in times of need he is there

my brother's so responsible
he taught me a lot of things

my brother's so funny
we even teared from laughing

my brother's so fierce
don't mess with him when his angry

my brother fell in love
and he's very very happy

my brother made up his mind
and had a nice sweet family

my brother is away
i'm sad when i think of it

but my brother's heart is good
and i know he will never forget me
.
I LOVE YOU ALL ...GOD BLESSES!
Cheerio:)