About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Sunday, August 28, 2011

The World is Mine by Dr. Tennyson Guyer

Before this week ends, read this poem to start afresh tomorrow. When I face a problem and think “WHY ME?” asking God, the following is a poem I read to keep me stable and happy. Next time you think and ask GOD – “WHY ME?”...Below is your answerJ

The world is full of wonderful things -- we all should be as happy as kings.
The World is Mine
Today upon a bus I saw a girl with golden hair;
She seemed so gay, I envied her, and wished that I were half so fair;
I watched her as she rose to leave, and saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and wore a crutch, but as she passed--a smile.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine;
I have two legs--the world is mine.
Later on I bought some sweets. The boy who sold them had such charm,
I thought I'd stop and talk awhile. If I were late, t'would do no harm.
And as we talked he said, "thank you, sir, you've really been so kind .
It's nice to talk to folks like you because, you see, I'm blind."
Oh, God , forgive me when I whine;
I have two eyes--the world is mine.
Later, walking down the street, I met a boy with eyes so blue.
But he stood and watched the others play, it seemed he knew not what to do.
I paused, and then I said," Why don't you join the others, dear?"
But he looked straight ahead without a word, and then I knew, he couldn't hear.
Oh,God forgive me when I whine;
I have two ears--the world is mine.
Two legs to take me where I go,
Two eyes to see the sunset's glow,
Two ears to hear all I should know,
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine;
I'm blest, indeed, the world is mine.
Buona Notte:)