About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, September 26, 2011

My Daughter Helped Me!!


I am busy though nothing new but when the day starts and when it ends, I have no clue. Commuting from hospital to my gym for workouts and then my coaching classes, I am hardly left with anytime for myself. I need a break, a long vacation just me and myselfJ. How do we say me, myself, moiJ?

I wonder why are people so much interested in my life? Maybe this is from where the gossip starts in India. I hate this typical trait of Indian women and I am glad work keeps me so busy that I do not have time to gossip. I am going to blog a very nice poem as a part of this post but why only this poem?

In last couple of months, I have closely encountered two questions. People know I have a sponsored daughter and still they are deciding my fate. Even if I would have been blessed with my own child, I would have still sponsored a child. My sponsoring a child has nothing to do with my own child. But still people keep assuming and judging me. Some say something and some conclude something. I am laughing while writing this that I am illustrated as an example for many others to plan a family, strange?

Everyone might not face the same problem or might be going through the same phase in life. Why am I being an example for others to plan an early family does not get into my mind? The funny fact is that people have concluded my whole fate and spread it like a fire. LOLJ. But I am silent and will not react. Every action need not have a reaction. I know the reality and let people live with their assumptionsJ

There were days when I used to feel bad and sit or fight with God but now I am ignorant. I do not care how people judge me neither I will share anything. I love to keep people into mystery and I thoroughly enjoy it. Not only this people are more worried than me as if they care but the fact is they just mock behind my back. Honestly, I laugh on all these acts now BUT I was never this strong.

As I wrote there were times when I was hurt and broken but then few lines of this poem showed me the path. God help those who help themselves. Criticisms pushed me and every time I looked into the mirror I could face myself. I could proudly see my honest eyes and my clear heart that whatever I did was not wrong. This poem as below is a true inspiration for me. Anyone around the world who is fighting for his or her existence just read these few lines. You do not have to prove others what you are, if you can face yourself into the glass with proud and honesty. Be proud of yourself and if you eyes are not confident to face yourself then you are on the wrong track. Here goes the poem. I will hit the sack as tomorrow is a busy day for Archana!

I am happy, I could face that Archana straight into the mirror and my daughter is more valuable to me than God no matter what people say or think!

When you get what you want in your struggle for self,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.

For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.

He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.

You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.

You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass