About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, September 23, 2011

Pink Ribbon Walk 2011(Hyderabad) - Breast Cancer Awareness!!

The main idea of this post is to share with all the people of lovely Hyderabad that there is a Pink Ribbon Walk on 2nd October, 2011 at KBR Park (distance – 2kms) , 6:30 am to 7:30 am.

Every person who wants to support Breast Cancer Awareness can be a part of this walk. Women, men indeed breast cancer survivors and their families are encouraged to join in large numbers for the walk. It makes a difference to many if you participate as the idea is to empower women & men about the importance of breast cancer awareness and emphasize the benefits of early detection of breast cancer. For free registration click the link below –


I have already registered and I will make sure to be a part of this event. So please register and make roads to learn about Breast Cancer.

Last year in the month of September, I was diagnosed with Fibrocystic Breast and since then I am on medication. Certain days my condition is too bad and I am under regular medication and monthly examinations. I would advise to all women that do not be as infantile or ignorant as I was. I would not have landed to this problem if someone would have guided me. Regular medical checks are good and advisable once you turn 30+. Rest your doctor will tell what all preventive measures and exercise you should do. Now I know so much that it is good for me to be safe and plan my life accordingly. Women in India are shy to discuss such facts about them. PLEASE DO NOT BE. Read and understand your anatomy for yourself. Sooner the better!

I am posting a link to a good article that I read few months back when I was in too much pain. I do get scared sometimes as it has been a year I am on medication but I trust my doctors. It is not a disease but a condition as Fibrocystic Breast articles emphasise.

In continuation to my post – Nandri..Nandri, there are few lines that most of us have posted on our FB walls. I am posting it on my blog for my readers.

We all wish to have a new car, new phone, new bike, new house, new dress BUT a person who has cancer only wants one thing to have more birthdays. I know 97% of you won't put this on your wall... but 3% of my friends will. Put this on your wall in memory of someone who died from cancer or in honor of someone who is fighting cancer.... :(........let god make them explore their life...

You can use the above content to post on your FB wall or any other way to share with everyone around in memory of those who died from cancer or in honor of someone who is fighting cancer much above that one who has been survivor after the tough fight against cancer.

Hope to see many of you at Pink Ribbon Walk 2011 – Hyderabad.