About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, September 16, 2011

My Desire to Learn BELLY DANCING...I am ON!


Couple of days back, I posted on my FB wall that I am keen to learn kickboxing and belly dancing. Though I kicked off Kickboxing at my gym but it is really hard to find a teacher for belly dancing. It is a wonderful form of dance where you need lot of concentration to make sure it is just your belly that moves!

It somewhere makes me feel that I should learn it as it is not very hard on your knees and back. So finally, I googled and no results for teachers for this dance form in Hyderabad disappointed me. But as I always say where there is a will there is a way!

I youtubed and selected the best 8 videos for beginners. It was a tough selection as I had to compare each video against the other to pick the more specific and intensive ones. My library was ready and so was I.

I have started practicing the steps for beginners and have learned the following four steps for the day.

1)     Hip Bump Kick or Hip Snap Kick

2)     Figure 8

3)     Hip Drop Kick

4)     Egyptian Walk

I will continue with these four until I expertise and then move to next steps. I am trying to incorporate all four steps as a combination on a good belly dance number.

I always feel if you have a desire to learn something there are no hurdles until you create one by cribbing around what you do not find to accomplish your goal. Like, as the following saying goes by Robin Sharma - Those who can, do. Those who can't, criticize.

So, just focus on your goals and you will find the way out. Till you find your way to your goals, I practice to do belly dancing better!

Rocking Weekend!

CheerioJ