About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, November 11, 2011

RIP Chelsea! I Will Miss You....Thanks for Making Me a Vegan!

Please click the video link to know the relevance of this post!


I am very sad as one of my baby (my bird, the blue one as you see in the video link above) named as Chelsea, passed away last night.

Chelsea has been ill indeed very sick for last 6 days. We took him to Vet clinic and he was on antibiotics and vitamins since then. He showed some improvement in last 2 days but somehow he could not sustain more and took his last few seconds in my husband’s hands last night before taking his final departure to heaven. You can see Chelsea (blue budgerigar) in the above video. He was the most beautiful and naughty among all my four babies (budgerigar). My all friends used to appreciate him for his beauty and colours.

Rest three of my babies – Gracia, Rossa and Bianca are very sad too. They are not eating and chirping since morning. Indeed, they have kept his place till now as they feel that Chelsea is in the separate basket (we kept him in a separate basket to prevent him from noise and infection, also to monitor his food intake) and he might join them. They call him but no response from Chelsea’s end is a hint to my other three babies. WE WILL MISS YOU CHELSEA. RIP!

I have already decided to get my Chelsea back and I am going to add one blue budgerigar to my family soon. I will add a new video with my new Chelsea soon....

But somewhere my last 6 days with Chelsea were so painful. I could not see him going through pain. Indeed, my husband was so upset with his condition. Both of us could not sleep last night as Chelsea was like our baby whom we have lost (:

My birds are my reason to be a vegan. Chelsea was in pain and we could only see. He could not express and there I realised that when we kill and feast on living beings, we hurt and give pain to someone who can only shout but cannot speak. CHELSEA TURNED ME A LIFELONG VEGAN.

That is the reason Chelsea came into my life and left me with a gift to remember him today and alwaysJ.

Thanks Chelsea. Mommy will miss you though(:

In memory of Chelsea..............

PS: ‘This post has no reason to criticize anyone who is ‘Non-Vegan’. No offences meant. I respect everyone’s freedom to live their life the way one wants. It is just my memory of my bird that has made be a lifelong vegan that is being shared in this post.’