About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, January 5, 2012

‘So You Really Think You Are Living’!!

Life is one such journey that gives you most of the options. When you have more options, you are more confused. If you know what you want in life then maybe you are lucky to pick the right road and if you are like me who moves as life takes a turn then you are a risk player. But whether you love to take risks or not, life spares none, it makes us go through its ups and downs to learn to sustain and survive. After day, its night, after bad, its good and we keep going or dragging on this journey called ‘Life’.

What matters is how you travelled this journey not how quick you were to get what you wanted?

One road leads to another and so on. You meet people, you meet challenges, you meet criticisms, you meet love, you meet hatred, you meet friends, you meet enemies, you meet success, and you meet failures, on this journey of ‘Life’. The winner is the one who embrace enemies as friends. The winner or the efficient player is the one who look failures as a road to success. The winner is the one who knows that he took the wrong road but he has a hope that it will connect to the right way someday for sure. We all have taken wrong roads of life at some point of time but how we lived it, is what matters the most.

Live the way you want to live as ‘living’ is important. From where I see life, I always write it is beautiful. I wish I could have lived like many of you. For me every New Year in the calendar is one step to deterioration in my condition but still I LIVE as LIVING is important!

There is nothing more beautiful than living life and there are people who live it beautifully facing so many problems. The spirit to live matters the most. The poem below is one such poem that I love to read and just readJ
The Road Not Taken - Robert Frost

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,


And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.


I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
.

Just close your eyes and think – ‘So You Really Think You Are Living’
CheerioJ