About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thoughtful Quotes - Happy Republic Day!


Films might run on three things – entertainment, entertainment and entertainment BUT a nation also runs only on three things – unity, unity and unityJ

I am happy that this blog gives me the platform to share that I am proud to be an Indian. Often people take me as of some other nation and the moment they say it, I get impulsive to clarify – ‘I am Indian’. I speak as good Hindi as anyone of you. Just that, I cannot read or write it. I cannot put myself into any other nationality as I love India and I am proud to be an IndianJ

The link to my previous post – Republic Day Wishes!
I read few quotes and there could be no day better than today to post.

I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives.
I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.

- Abraham Lincon

 It is the love of country that has lighted and that keeps glowing the holy fire of patriotism.

- J. Horace McFarland

Patriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

- Adlai Stevenson

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.

- George Bernard Shaw


Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.

- Mark Twain

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot

- Mark Twain

Jeorge Bush after 9/11 attack - " Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done. "

A man's feet must be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world.
- George Santayana

He who loves not his country, can love nothing.
- Lord Byron

I think patriotism is like charity -- it begins at home.

- Henry James

Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

- Adlai Stevenson



A thoughtful mind, when it sees a Nation's flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation that sets it forth.

- Henry Ward Beecher



A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.

- George William Curtis


I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.

- Nathan Hale

It is the love of country that has lighted and that keeps glowing the holy fire of patriotism.
- J. Horace McFarland

Love your country. Your country is the land where your parents sleep, where is spoken that language in which the chosen of your heart, blushing, whispered the first word of love; it is the home that God has given you that by striving to perfect yourselves therein you may prepare to ascend to him.

-Giuseppe Mazzini


Happy Republic DayJ