About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, March 1, 2012

First Day of March : Let's Celebrate Women's Week 2012!

1st day of March 2012 is a reason of blogging around women as this whole week we will celebrate – Women’s Week in honour of Women’s Day on 8th March 2012.

I have seen some very ordinary women doing extra-ordinary things in life. Not to forget, I am one of them but I am still on my journey to do something extra-ordinary to stand proudly and share my success with my familyJ. I read this wonderful poem and I have pasted a printout in my wardrobe to inspire me to move towards my dreams.

I never believed in fairy tales or Prince Charming kind of dreams. I always had one dream that I as Archana should have my place in this world. People should know me for me as Archana. I love to be called ‘Kapoor’ or ‘Nagpal’ or ‘Kapoor Nagpal’ but my identity is my name ‘Archana’ and I want to do justice to my name.

I salute all such women who believe in themselves as women.

My husband gave me a shirt that has a very nice slogan. The shirt is faded now but I still have it in my wardrobe as it is a great inspiration for meJ. I was given this shirt on my resignation from Deloitte and this is an interesting story that I will blog this week for my readers.

“Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.”- Marilyn Monroe.

Think big, Do big (outside the box of ordinary thoughts). I am dedicating this poem to all such women who believe in their dreams and strive to make them come true.

Life without life it's not life
Almost every one will remember
Day and night is cycle of life
Life on its own is not matured
I reiterate well spoken words
Hence its admiral of significant role of women

Some women can bless the day with their smile
Assimilate their culture of admiral
High concentration of moral fiber
These are the women of integrity
I talk nothing else but
Women like Nthabiseng Mthethwa
Women like Mapaseka Dlamini
Women like Sebolelo Mokoena
Women like Elsie Moganedi
Look around they are there
To reinstitute norms and Values
I call them women of integrity

As Harley barley, there are honorable women
Full of high concentration of moral fiber
They adhere to walk the walks
And talk the talks; they are extraordinary in every aspect
Women like Delsile Hlophe
Women like Nonhlanhla Ndlovu
Women like Ellah Ngomane
Women like Whitey Mahlangu
Chronically they remain transparent
I call them honorable women of integrity

Fair remain fair as long as it's fair
There are extraordinary women
They are living in their time
And they are in time with their integrity
They deserve honor as they live it
Perfectionism is not enough
They remain constant and consistent
Women like Mapule Tshabalala
Women like Sara Mahlangu
Women like Selina Madihlaba
They are extraordinary women they deserve their Honor
I fore one applaud them for inherent of their heredity

There are women who are making difference
Printing their footprints
Simplicity remain predictable
They have their own significance
Women like Nomusa Tshangana
Women like Nomsa Masilela
Women like Modiegi Mphake
I call them extraordinary women of integrity

There are superwomen and extraordinary women
Honorable women and women of integrity
They have built their reputation and sustain moral regeneration
They have gained it through their subordinates
I reinstitute and reinstate their perfectionism
And their high concentration moral fiber
And they remain significant role player
Women like Nonhalnhla Matshika
Women like Thokozile Moyo
Women like Leisje Templeman
Women like Henrietta Mongoalo
Women like Lisa Mateya
And the list is endless

To all of you, Halala Basadi! ! !
I salute you today