About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Sunday, May 6, 2012

1 idli, 1 vada and 1 cup of filter coffee:)

My friend asked me what would I like to have for dinner?

My answer remains the same for all invitations – 1 idli, 1 vada and 1 cup of filter coffee.

This is the ideal combination for me and there is nothing in the world that can satisfy me better than thisJ. I tried Pongal last night and it was really amazing!!

I always felt that South Indian food is something that made me stay in southern part of India. But now, I completely believe in this. The warmth with which small Tiffin centres serve you the meals make you visit them more often.

My favourite place is a small Udipi tiffin corner next to Gacchibowli X Roads (http://www.mojostreet.com/places/Udipi-Upahar-Tiffins-Gachibowli-Hyderabad-276), the crowd is mainly PGs staying around in that area. To sip a coffee while sitting in the outskirts with no notions around what you are wearing gives you a complete comfortJ

You get into your Capri and a chiffon top; sit at the pavement with a plate in your hand that serves – 1 idli, 1 vada and 1 cup of filter coffeeJ.

I visit this place so often that the Tiffin guys recognise me and they know my criteria of coffee – very little milk and ½ spoon of sugar.

Simple things can give you happiness what money cannot buy. The peace and comfort I get here is far more than sitting at a star rated hotel among pieces of papers around you:)
I will miss this place and the freedom to eat and be what you are. If any of my reader visits Hyderabad, try it out!

CheerioJ