About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Luna: Love Needs No Language!!


My students gave me a very nice card that has a letter ‘G’ on it. I asked why ‘G’? The answer was prompt for your grace and graceful swimming. It was a touchy momentJ

My bird is suffering from Twisted Toe Paralysis. Luna is my favourite and I share a different bonding with her. My apartment owner gifted us Luna, almost 3 months back. She was not provided the necessary vitamin drops in the first three months by them. Hence, she landed to twisted toe paralysis. I was sceptical in taking her with us as we will be driving and I felt that we should not be the reason of her early demise. My friend offered help and inclination to keep her. We gave Luna to her but the moment I entered home, I was like something is missing. We have kept her in a separate cage to prevent her from being hit as she cannot fly. From one toe to another, she is struggling with herself.

I called my friend and asked her to give Luna back to me. She is back with us. No matter, how long she lives but she is my baby, my child and my responsibility. I felt so cheap and inhuman while giving her to someone else. If tomorrow my people behave the same with me, how will I feel?

The moment Luna came home, I touched her and she clasped my finger. I broke down. I felt to chirp and say ‘Baby, I am sorry’. She is sleeping and I am watching her after every hour - to feed her with food and water, to make her take little shower, to make her sit in the balcony and watch sky.

I realised something that love has an unspoken language. It needs no language to show love and concern. Luna is Love for me. She tells me that ‘love’ is what has kept her alive for last ten days. Strange, still people broke off and move on, leaving their loved ones, behind. Can’t they listen to the unspoken language of love? If not, then it is not LOVE!!

I wish Luna gets what is the best for her but I am with her till the END!