About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Farewell Message: Good Bye Hyderabad :)

Before my readers, read this post, I know I have to gift my readers from Hyderabad, a Farewell Gift. I am working on it so wait a bit. The day I reach Bangalore, you can see your gift here on my blog.J

"You never leave someone behind, you take a part of them with you and leave a part of yourself behind."

I always wrote on my blog, any journey or relation in life should end with a 'Good-bye' and the word 'Good' really matters. I read the above and I could not think of a better beginning of my Farewell MessageJ

I am thoughtless and very emotional when I blog my Farewell Message to all my readers from Hyderabad. It is like from where to start and where to end. There are so many happy moments that I have spent in these 7 years.

The longest duration of my stay in India, is in Hyderabad. People wonder why a Punjabi girl takes so much interest in Telegana talks. They wonder why someone who should cherish paneer and dal makhani lives 5 days on sambar and vada. Why she loves to flaunt flowers on hair rather than diamonds on her fingers. The answer is I am Indian and the feel to be real Indian came to me in Hyderabad. I have seen the worst to best moments in this city. From a newlywed to a sponsored mother, my 7 years journey is full of love, happiness, struggle and learning.

From job to being jobless to a Freelancer, from mobile to partially immobile, from struggle to less struggle, from surgeries to doctors, from content management analyst to swimming coach to an artist, from emotions to realities, all BELONGS TO HYDERABAD!

From Sphoorti to my daughter, from tear to laugh, from real to virtual, from loneliness to crowd, all BELONGS TO HYDERABAD.

"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends."

Hyderabad has given me so much that I cannot dedicate just a post for this contribution. It made me a completely different Archana. It showed me those doors that I could not have ever searched, if would have been somewhere elseJ. I thought to make a slide deck of my pictures of 7 years of journey but I realised it is like 198 pictures that I shortlistedJ, so a post is all time better to convey my thanks to all of you.

Thanks to my neighbours, my housekeeping people, my friends, Deloitte peers and last not the least my 92 kids at Sphoorti. A special thanks to my doctors and physiotherapists for making my life so easy and toughJ

Wishing You All A Very Great Life and Loads of Love

Will Miss Hyderabad(:....I am actually crying...GOSH!

"It's the emptiest and yet the fullest of all human messages: Good-bye."