About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, June 11, 2012

Life is fine! Fine as wine! Life is fine!

7 days from today, I will complete 2 years of my Arthritis JourneyJ. 10 years of knee pain and 2 years of partial immobility has given the best of things in life. I tried all that one dreams to do in these 2 years and I loved it. Being a child someday and then a sponsored mother, cooking for my family someday and dancing on a cousin’s wedding, I enjoyed every bit of it.

Friday night, my key got stuck in the main door lock. I left my mobile at home and it was 11PM, so to ring my neighbour’s door bell was the wildest thing to imagineJ

My husband was in office and I felt helpless. I got panic, I tried rotating clockwise and anti-clockwise but nothing worked for me.

I stopped fiddling with the lock and sat on the staircase. I closed my eyes and thought of Guruji as my mind was very restless. Since morning, nothing was going right. Swimming pool to water to my mind, all things were as confused as myselfJ

I took deep breath thinking about Guruji and again tried to open the lock. It got open so effortlessly, I was shocked. I looked at the key and the door again and againJ

I entered home and checked my mobile that showed good results solving my swimming pool issues and everything was in place perfectlyJ

I thought about it and I could think one thing – a peaceful mind can do wonders. You will find solutions to all problems if you are calm and think peacefully. It happened with me and today, life seems so easy as if there was no problemJ. It is natural to human nature that when we struggle but doors appear closed, we get panic and get impatient. BUT being calm is the only solution to make your mind work and get directedJ

I read a great poem that I can relate to this post – Life IS Fine. There is one thing, I appreciate about myself. No matter how much pain, I live with; my answer to ‘how are you’ is ‘I am fine. Tutto perfetto”).

Enjoy the poem below:

Life Is Fine by Langston Hughes



I went down to the river,
I set down on the bank.
I tried to think but couldn't,
So I jumped in and sank.

I came up once and hollered!
I came up twice and cried!
If that water hadn't a-been so cold
I might've sunk and died.

But it was Cold in that water! It was cold!

I took the elevator
Sixteen floors above the ground.
I thought about my baby
And thought I would jump down.

I stood there and I hollered!
I stood there and I cried!
If it hadn't a-been so high
I might've jumped and died.

But it was High up there! It was high!

So since I'm still here livin',
I guess I will live on.
I could've died for love--
But for livin' I was born

Though you may hear me holler,
And you may see me cry--
I'll be dogged, sweet baby,
If you gonna see me die.

Life is fine! Fine as wine! Life is fine!