About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 9: Dandiya Night

Last day of Navratri and this is a day for Dandiya night for me. 

I am very excited and all set for dancing in my traditional attire. I have got all fancy things to flaunt with my black silk saree and all girlie stuff....:).., women!I have not practiced anything to perform on this Dandiya Night and I guess it just happens once you get the right beat. 

I want my readers visiting my blog from different countries to know about this traditional dance form of India. Indeed, many Indians do not know the significance as well. Here is a Wikipedia link for all my readers.....Have fun reading it and those who are going for Dandiya night, Happy Dancing....


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandiya_Raas

:):)