About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Sunday, October 28, 2012

I Love Delhi Winters!

I just love Delhi winters. They are dry as you feel no moisture in the weather but it is fun to be in Delhi during winters. For the last two days, temperature has fallen and you need a shawl to wrap yourself or a jacket while you go for long walks, early morning.

I got up at 5 am and went for a long walk and it was so much fun to experience the very first ray of sun while you practice your 21 sun salutations. I was feeling so cold and I was actually rubbing my hands to heat myself. Though, I hate winters specially the ones I experienced in Europe where you cannot even breathe but Delhi winters, as of now are enjoyable.

Last night, I went for shopping ( like always, alone) and I was so thrilled to try woollen clothes. I have always enjoyed shopping alone and somehow I get confused when someone joins me for shopping. Gurgaon malls are decorated for Diwali and they are badly packed or crowded. I shopped some woollens and festive stuff. I am making candles at home for this Diwali and I will post the collection on my art blog soon. 

After 7 years, I got to see the winter peanuts, boiled corn and not to forget the baked sweet potato served with lemon.

My happy beginning has given me a fresh start for winters and I am having awesome time....

So pull up your socks and just shop today....

Happy Winter Shopping