About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Word farewell by Francis Duggan

Mumbai attacks and finally, Ajmal Kasab hanged. 26/11, many families lost their loved ones and today, Kasab's family lost him. In the fight of terrorism, there is no winner. We have only losers. Hmmm....Mumbai attacks, (:....

I read a very lovely poem around 'Farewell'. I thought to blog for my family and friends in Delhi:)
I love the simple word hello
It always rings a joyful bell
But one of the saddest words i know
Is the oft times tearful word farewell.

The tearful mother hugs her son
Write to me when you're far away
And i will miss you when you're gone
And for your safe return I'll pray.

The word farewell oft times bring tears
And I've never known it to bring joy
In fact the time you say farewell
Could also mean your last goodbye.

I've used the word 'farewell' before
And I know what it really mean
I said farewell to dearest friends
And for years those friends i have not seen.

The word 'hello' a word i love
It always rings a joyful bell
But one word I don't like to hear
And that is the sad word 'farewell'. 
I wish my people in Delhi, a smile. I give my people in Delhi, a hug:)