About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Saturday, February 2, 2013

What is your definition of love?

I got up and my heart asked a question to me?

What is love?

Very difficult to answer but yes life has many people who answer it for us. I answer this question for myself in this post. You can also answer it by listing few names who make your life complete. As this is the month of love and we are celebrating it on my blog, let us make our lives full of love. Let us acknowledge people who make us feel special.

I could think of many names but could shortlist only six. My mother who has all the patience at the age of 62 to handle me as a 33 years old spoiled child. My father who still treats me like sweet 16 and does not let me travel alone, as he believes his daughters are the most beautiful women on Earth, like every father. He still worries for me as if I do not eat on time, and a big no to tight shirts, and short skirts. At times, it irritates but the love and concern makes me feel good. My husband who accepted me with all my flaws, who held me in in his arms, and climbed 20 stairs so that I can see the view from hill top like other tourists. He promised me, you will see the world like others, and what I am today are his efforts, and confidence in me. When I wrote something grammatically incorrect he just said a line "- there is scope of improvement and you can do it." 

I improved because of his efforts in my life. We fought but we still stayed together, as we knew - we are born for each other. My god given sister who completes me as a woman. I share my every single feeling with her. What I missed for so many years, she has completed in last 3 years. My brother, again God given. He could always sense my feelings on FB. He used to call me all the way from US to check about my well- being. There were times he had little money but still he used to call. My friend and my editor for my second book I met in Deloitte. We fought but still stayed together. He agreed to edit my second book just because it was my book..

I completed my life and I do not think - I have any regrets. So, make your list and just feel God has given you so many people in your life to feel special and loved!