About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Tragic Journey of 5 -Year -Old Rape Victim

Shameful!


All such incidents make me develop hatred towards men. But yes we cannot categorise all men under the same section of crime. Couple of days back, when I was shopping in a mall, a guy passed some cheap comment. I could not understand as he spoke in his mother tongue, Kannada. But I could understand through his body language. Trust me, I followed him and shouted at him there itself. We demand liberty to walk freely. He apologised after arguing that he was not trying to harass me. I did all that, as next time he would not repeat the same with some young, innocent girl or a child. I am 33 and I have learned it a harder way. But when I read the news about this 5-year-old girl who was not only raped but treated like a plastic doll by inserting a candle or hair oil bottle, I felt I am part of a coward society where men can only abuse or rape a woman. I do not wonder, when I come across cheap men in malls or on roads. It hurts me indeed any women. Even when some one calls us by cheap names we do feel hurt. Respect us.