About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I Am A Proud Mother!

Yes, it is the first day of Mother's Month on my blog. I am very happy as I got my salary after 5 years. But I am happy as I just paid for my daughter's uniform. I am proud of this moment. It makes me feel so complete and good. I see the benefit of my writing after paying for her school fee. 

This post is to acknowledge all the adopted and sponsored mothers with a thought - 'In every women, there is a mother'. You do not have to give birth to a child to be addressed as a mother. If you can be compassionate and responsible for any child, there is a mother in you. I sold out my all gold ornaments in 2009 gifted by my parents, as I wanted to take the responsibility of my daughter. At that time, the feeling to be a successful mother was more significant to me than my jewellery. It was my decision and I wanted to take it forward. But yes, my husband and my parents were my strength pillars. We all could do it for my daughter. 

Remember, mother is beyond the word 'biological mother'. If you believe in yourself as a mother, you are on the right road of life. If you respect your decision, do not worry about the criticisms or tags. Somewhere, we all are tagged as 'good' or 'bad' at different stages of life. You need to decide what you want from your life. You just get one life ONLY!

If you want to help my daughter's NGO by funding for their school uniforms, here is the link for my readers - www.sphoorti.org

Cheers to all the adopted and sponsored mothers for their will power and strength to face the world and stand as proud mothers!