About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, May 3, 2013

I Wrote To Him....-:)

I always tell my daughter to thank people for being good. Do not owe it. But in the race of life and work or maybe out of confusion or bad times, I just forgot it.

I put my framed sketch on my room wall, and realised that I never thanked the guy. I wrote to him after so many months. I was not expecting a response but was shocked with his prompt response. I just wanted to convey few words to acknowledge his art:). I just wrote a line - 'I owe you a coffee or a lunch for the sketch'. I do not know why I did not thank him at that time. I forgot to preach what I teach:)

His words were so much full of respect, and I was touched by one line " you are a very beautiful and strong person. The sketch is to remind you of your strength as I read your blogs." As a woman, all I demand was respect. A pinch of salt in food can make it tasty. Similarly, for any woman, just few words of respect can motivate them. I was reading a book about sex workers. I realised - they also demand just 'respect'.

I realised one thing about missing on good moments. The best part to move on in life is when you start catching up with the lost time and people you ignored so far. I have started catching up with the lost time, and people I just forgot to connect. I just want to move on and on and on:). I share a fact - to move on, it is mandate to involve yourself into activities you never thought about. I just made a list of my plans for next few weeks. Yeah, I am feeling quite good as I lost 4 kgs in last 2 weeks after my treatment. I am feeling confident. Thanks to everyone who read me so far. I am just writing the last section of my kindle book and maybe you see it live soon................!

Cheers...:)

Btw, I forgot to share the stats for the month of April, 2013. We had almost 985 hits.  I am very happy with the numbers.

Few Lines - Meri eyes main hain dreams, mere dil ko lag gaye wings!