About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Last Section - Kindle Edition

I am almost done with the last section of my Kindle Edition, and almost done with the editing. 

I will upload it to see the technical performance of it. I am really tired and want to sleep. I wrote few lines as a part of the last section of my book. I am sharing it here on my blog:



I am a bird in a gilded cage,
I look astonishingly at the sky,
I try to understand deep within inside of me,
How does it feel to fly?
The chirping of the birds flying over the lake,
High and high in the sky,
Makes me feel sad,
And I almost cry.

Once I was asked whom does a man respect the most?

My answer was - his mother and any woman who is a mother (definitely a biological mother). A man will not show respect for any woman who is not a mother. 

When I was writing the last section of my kindle book, I wrote a poem around the same concept - how a woman feels if she is not a mother and is simply humiliated at different stages of life by people around her.

Good Night!