About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Who am I to....?

I was listening to this song and a thought came.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2v_kjAkYbY

At times, the ground reality hurts!

You do so much but there is something that always stop you to come forward and tell, 'Yes, I am your sponsored mother'. My daughter knows me as 'Akka' and she will never come to know who am I to her. All that I blog here or my feelings - 'she will never come to know'. I think I am right by not sharing my role in her life but it hurts me. But there is no point of sharing it also. She lost her parents in 2005 and she is out of it, happily. I do not want her to experience the same pain again. Either one us deserve the pain, and it should not be my daughter.

Years will pass and time will fly. She might get to read my books or my blogs (if I do not take them off till that time). Like for many others in my life, I will never come in front of her as a mother. She might remember my name but nothing more than that. Just the way, I walked out of many lives for their good, I will remain in my daughter's life just as 'akka'. Many are born to 'take', few to 'give' and very rare to 'sacrifice' in life. As I always write - 'destiny'........my destiny........

I could not think of a better gift for my daughter in this lifetime or any 'Mother's Day'....Btw, I must get back to my work now..................:)

:)!