About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Friday, October 24, 2014

Happy Diwali :)

Dear readers -

Wishing all my Indian readers a very Happy Diwali. Yes, I am little late to wish but 'a late wish is a also a wish!

A thought came in this festive season. You reap what you sow. Reap love. Reap happiness. Reap respect. Reap understanding. It is a myth that 'grass is always green the other side' as then why we think 'my (our)' problem is the biggest in the world. Life is a not a journey but a collection of chapters that are worth re-reading. Thank you God for making me feel proud whenever I re-read my old chapters. I believe in three words - giving..giving...giving. God will always acknowledge what you give. Do not ask people but just believe in God.



Lot of things happened in last two days but I guess thats God's idea to check my patience :). Though a little wrong timing....

DailyHaiga has published my work at the below link. Chocolates are on hold for a while until Christmas and New Year.


Also, my workout is quite slow as I lost 4 kgs in a month due to my medical condition but the weight is the only good thing that happened.....<3

Frameless Sky an online journal has accepted my haiku and will be published in the first edition of the same. A Haiku Anthology has also shortlisted my three published haiku and they might be translated in Chinese. Let us see how it comes out to be....

I am sending couple of my senryu to other journals. My first two attempt were 'BANG ON!'. They were happily accepted. Indeed, one of the senryu was inspired by the word - 'addictive'. Sometimes we take our personal experiences (good/bad) and can make humour out of it.

I am quite slow with my projects now. I am giving a long break as this year was a commendable one as far as writing was concerned. Two anthologies and one haiku book. So many journals published my haiku, tanka, haibun and haiga. Not only that a commended mention in a great haiku contest - what more shall I ask God.........???

I might not to regular with my blogs but will try to be. Until then have a sparkling diwali and lots of sweets on my behalf!!

Happy Diwali !!