About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, October 27, 2014

The Fault in our Stars - Completed!!

Gosh! I cannot believe I am crying. I find myself in puddle of my tears. Such a beautiful book and a heart touching ending. I wish Augustus could have lived with Hazel. But that's true love. One has to sacrifice to make a heartfelt love story.

Last few chapters made me cry but there is such a beautiful message in the last paragraph of the very last chapter. Few lines "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world but you do have some say in who hurts you".

This is true. We question-we answer-we hunt-we meet-we do not meet-we love-we give-we expect- we hurt-we get hurt...in every action - 'there is our relevant role in who hurts us'.

I don't know but I guess its quite late in India. Time to hit the sack!!

Thanks John Green for such an amazing book. This book has changed many things for me. I started reading this book on my birthday. In the last two months - I have been hospitalised, gone through painful procedures, ERs, counselling, and have seen my family coping with me. I am still struggling but in Hazel Grace - I see a hope. Time is tough but like good times, bad times do not stay forever as well. I am blessed...I am sure I am!!!!

Btw, John Green is also a Virgo, born a day before me <3.

I have one more last wish - I want to meet John Green after I swim with Beluga Whales in the Churchill River, Canada. And I am sure this will happen one day....that one last day!!

And if does not happen in this lifetime...I will be born again .......Amen!!

Stay Blessed

Happy Monday <3.....